PDX-RG: Grinding aids for glass and recycled glass
Glass is a solid amorphous silica (SiO2) material that is mainly chemically inert. Recycled glass powder provides economic and environmental benefits by replacing virgin materials in many industries, such as sand in concrete, calcium carbonate in plastics and paper, and pigments in paints. Despite the commercialization of grinded glass, there is an unfavourable cost and energy consumption associated with the grinding and processing into glass powders. Grinding aids are indispensable for the production
of fine and ultrafine glass powders, but its adoption by the industry is still not widespread.
- PDX-RG additives are high-performance grinding aids for transforming glass into powders of various sizes; down to fine (< 100 µm) and ultrafine (< 10 µm).
- The basic formulation of PDX-RG can be customized to meet a wide range of specific requirements for the glass powders.
- Significantly increase the efficiency of the grinding process and improve the surface properties of glass powders.
- Facilitate the manufacture of fine and ultrafine sized glass powders.
- Significantly reduce the production cost of recycled glass powder.
- Add value to recycled glass powder, by optimizing the quality of the finished products in a variety of applications.
TYPICAL DOSAGES AND APPLICATION METHOD
PDX-RG additives should be used at dosages of 0.05 to 0.1% by weight of glass to grind (between500 and 1000 ml per ton).
The optimal dosage should be determined during plant trials according to the desired properties of the glass powders and the type of application.
If you wish to know more about this product, please contact us.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
PDX- RG additives are available in totes, trucks, containers or railcars.
Store in closed containers in a dry, well-ventilated place at temperatures between 0 and 40 degrees Celsius. Under normal conditions, the shelf life of PDX- RG additives are at least 24 months.
Prodexim's technical experts can be present during the trials to assist our customers in order to optimize the dosing and grinding processes.
Although PDX- RG additives are neither highly toxic nor corrosive, they must be handled with care. Please contact us for more details.